- We collect information from you when you register on the site, place an order, enter a contest or sweepstakes, respond to a survey or communication such as e-mail, or participate in another site feature.
- When ordering or registering, we may ask you for your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information, contact lens prescription information or other information. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
- We also collect information about gift recipients so that we can fulfill the gift purchase. The information we collect about gift recipients is not used for marketing purposes.
- Like many websites, we use "cookies" to enhance your experience and gather information about visitors and visits to our websites. Please refer to the "Do we use 'cookies'?" section below for information about cookies and how we use them.
How do we use your general information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, purchase products, enter a contest or promotion, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize your site experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To quickly approve and process your transactions, and to ensure that the product we sell to you is right for you.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
How do we use or disclose your health information?
We may use or disclose your health information:
- To dispense and provide prescription ophthalmic goods and services to you.
- To bill, and obtain payment from, you or an applicable third party for your vision services.
- For activities necessary to operate run our business.
- For sending you reminders about your prescription expirations, contact lens supply renewals, and to tell you about related products and services, or recommend possible treatment alternatives that may be of interest to you.
- To individuals involved in your care or payment for your care, provided that you agree to the disclosure, or we give you an opportunity to object to the disclosure.
- You have the right to request that we follow special restrictions when using or disclosing your health information. We will comply with your request if we agree to it, unless the information is needed to provide you emergency treatment or in certain other situations permitted by law. Residents of Wisconsin: We will not disclose your health information for organ procurement activities without your authorization.
- With certain exceptions, you have the right to inspect and copy your health information, which typically includes prescription and billing information. Exceptions do not apply to residents of Illinois, New Hampshire, Tennessee, and Wisconsin. Residents of Washington have a right to have another health care professional to inspect and copy your medical records.
- You have the right to request that we amend your health information if you feel that it is incorrect or incomplete. You must provide a reason supporting your request. We may deny your request if the health information kept by or for us is accurate and complete. Even if we deny your request for amendment, you have the right to submit a statement of disagreement regarding any item in your record you believe is incomplete or incorrect. If you request, this will become part of your medical record, and we will attach it to your records and include it whenever we make a disclosure of the item or statement you believe is incomplete or incorrect.
- You have a right to request an accounting of disclosures of your health information, other than for treatment, payment, health care operations, and other exceptions pursuant to law. You must specify the time period, which may not be longer than six years and may not include dates before April 14, 2003.
- You have the right to request that we communicate with you about medical matters in a certain way or at a certain location. We will accommodate all reasonable requests.
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. When you place orders or access your personal information, we offer the use of a secure server.
Can a person under 18 years of age use our site?
How do we protect your privacy?
We respect your privacy. That's why we will only share your information with our trusted business affiliate(s). Except as provided above, we will not disclose, rent or sell your email address, or other personally identifiable information to an outside party. All information about you will be maintained with strict confidence. Residents of Connecticut and Tennessee: We will not sell your health information under any circumstances. New Hampshire residents: We will only use your health information in any marketing activities with your express authorizationThe term "outside parties" does not include hsastore.com. It also does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property, or safety. Residents of Wisconsin: If you are not a federal health care program participant (such as Medicare or Medicaid), and are not a nursing home resident, you have the right to restrict disclosure of your health information to federal or state agencies for health oversight activities.
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) of 2018:
We will not disclose or use your health information in any marketing activities where we would be compensated on a direct or indirect basis. Under the CCPA, if you are a California resident, you have the following rights:
1) Right to request disclosure of our data collection and sales practices
2) Right to request a copy of personal information we’ve collected about you during the 12 months prior to your request
3) Right to request that your personal information be deleted
4) Right to request that your personal information not be sold to third parties
5) Right not to be discriminated against because you exercise any of the above rights.
You may only make a personal information request under the CCPA twice in a 12-month period. If you make such a request, we will need to collect information from you so that we can verify your identity. We will respond within 45 days of receiving your personal information request.
WebEyeCare may collect personal information from you in a variety of different situations, including, but not limited to on our website, your mobile device, through email, and/or over the telephone. This information is used to facilitate WebEyeCare providing the service(s) requested. Personal information can include your name, physical address, email address, IP address, phone number, credit or debit card number, and medical information pertaining to your order. This information is obtained either directly from you, indirectly from you, or from third parties. All information collected is utilized to fulfill the purpose of the information provided, contact you about products or promotions that pertain your purchase history, to provide you with support with your inquiries, for business development and research, and to respond to law enforcement when applicable.
How can you opt-out, remove or modify information you have provided to us?
Should you ever wish to be removed from an email list with HSA Store, we will process your request immediately. To be removed simply send us an email to email@example.com requesting to be removed from our mailing lists. Please note that due to email production schedules you may receive any emails already in production.
Third party links
In an attempt to provide you with increased value, we may include third party links on our site. These linked sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these linked sites (including if a specific link does not work).
Changes to our policy
Questions and feedback
We welcome your questions, comments, and concerns about privacy. Please send us any and all feedback pertaining to privacy, or any other issue.
Online policy only
Terms and conditions
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website.